Parish Council Meeting Minutes 05/12/16

****DRAFT****

HORTON KIRBY AND SOUTH DARENTH PARISH COUNCIL

 

MINUTES of the MEETING of the PARISH COUNCIL held on

5th December 2016 in the Village Hall, South Darenth at 7.30 pm

 

Present: Cllr Blackamore (Chairman)

Cllrs C Willson (Vice Chair) R House, T Moyle, P Rushbrook, M Stead,

J Stewart.

Cllr P McGarvey, District Councillor

Cllr R Gough, County Councillor

 

Members of the public: Malcolm Dunn (DRiPS) and 3 other members of the public

 

In attendance: H Rohard, Parish Clerk

 

111         APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Received from Cllr Mitchell, Cllr Page and Cllr Ingrid Tennessee, District Councillor.

 

112         DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

None.

 

113         MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

The minutes from the Parish Council meeting 7th November 2016 were confirmed and signed as a true record.

 

114         MATTERS ARISING

Youth Club meeting: a meeting is arranged for 10th January with West Kent Extra who have the KCC contract to provide Youth Services in the District. Cllrs Blackamore, Willson, Stead and Mitchell will be attending.

Reed Cutting in River Darent: The Clerk reported that the Environment Agency have reed cutting scheduled for December for this Parish. Not completed to date.

Flytipping: The SDC Enforcement Officer will be attending the January Parish Council meeting so that any course of action or support the Parish Council can provide can be explored.

Buildings Maintenance list: this item is ongoing.

 

All other actions points had been completed.

 

115         POLICE MATTERS

PCSO Douse was unable to attend the meeting.

 

116         QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC and CORRESPONDENCE

Mr Fournel reported that another accident had occurred on the A225 and mentioned a blind spot in Farningham that Cllr McGarvey said he would investigate.

 

Mrs Fitzpatrick asked if the 30 mph roundel could be re-painted in Holmesdale Hill/Road as vehicles were speeding down the hill and driving too fast into the bend towards Holmesdale Road.

 

Mr Fournel asked about speedwatch training and Cllr Moyle volunteered to assist with this. Cllr McGarvey suggested that Otford may be able to lend equipment to the Parish.

 

ACTION: Clerk to liaise with SDC and Cllr Moyle/Mr Fournel.

 

117         HALLS COMMITEE

The latest approved Minutes of the committee were received for information.

 

118         REPORTS FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS

Cllr McGarvey reported that flytipping seemed to be getting worse and pressure mounting for cameras to be used more widely.

 

There is a District ward boundary review in progress however our ward will be unaffected.

 

The KALC meeting is on the 9th December and will be hearing about the SDC Local Plan.

 

119       REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

Cllr Gough reported that crash data for the A225 would soon be updated and speed checks had been arranged for A225.

 

The Members Fund has some funds left but he will need to check how much before committing to any of the signage requests that are to be made.

 

120      VOLUNTEER SUPPORT WARDEN SCHEME

The Clerk reported that having spoken to the area manager Siobham MacKay for the KCC Community Warden scheme it would not be possible to offer a warden to patrol the Parish. Residents can refer themselves for help and are already being refereed by Social Services, Kent Fire and Rescue and the Police. Siobhan will provide an article for the next newsletter to explain how residents can access the Warden’s help should they need to.

 

Information from KCC offering the Volunteer Support Warden Scheme was considered by members including the 2 year cost of £1660 which could be shared between other Parishes if they were willing; Farningham had so far not had a volunteer and Sutton at Hone would be considering the Scheme at its’ December meeting. After discussion, Cllr Stead proposed that the Parish Council register commitment with KCC to support a Volunteer Warden for this Parish. Unanimously voted in favour.

ACTION: Clerk

 

121         VILLAGE HALL IRRIGATION SYSTEM

Cllr Blackamore reported that after further investigation the rainwater harvesting tank for external irrigation to garden and hanging baskets would be insufficient to keep up with demand. No further discussion was needed.

 

122         VILLAGE HALL ROOF WORKS

Quotes were considered on behalf of the Village Hall committee to enable roof works to be booked expediently, which would include:  the barge boards at either end of the roof to have the rotten ends cut, replaced and all treated and then clad in UPVC, approx. 100 tiles to the verge to be replaced, approx. 10 tiles across the whole roof to be replaced, scaff tagged scaffolding to enable UK Power Network to move the electrical supply from the current barge board entry point before work begins.

 

Quotes received from High tech Roofing (£6800+VAT) Ash Contractor Services Ltd (£6510 + VAT), Reidwood Ltd (£2462.50+VAT) and Pride Roofing Kent (£2600 +VAT). After discussion Cllr Rushbrook proposed that Reidwood Ltd quote be accepted; Cllr House seconded. Carried unanimously.

RESOLVED that Reidwood Ltd be instructed to carry out repairs costing £2462.50 + VAT

 

123         VILLAGE HALL CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

The Halls Committee requested that reserves be made available for the purchase of new Christmas Decorations for the halls as the existing were over 8 years old; there were none at all in the Jubilee Hall. Cllr House proposed £500 be made available Cllr Moyle seconded; 4 members voted in favour 1 abstained.

RESOLVED that £500 be spent from Reserves on new Christmas decorations for the halls.

 

124         BOWLS CLUB GATE/PADLOCK

Following a picnic bench being set on fire at Heathside, Kent Fire and Rescue were forced to cut through the Bowls Club padlock to gain access. This resulted in a bill of £182.85 to the club. £31 was for the padlock with the rest for 52 new keys for club members.

 

Cllr Moyle proposed that the cost of the padlock be reimbursed only; Cllr Stewart seconded and voted unanimously. RESOLVED to pay HK Bowls Club £31

 

125         FINANCIAL MATTERS

Schedule Of Accounts

RESOLVED that the schedule of accounts, as submitted, be approved and payments made accordingly.

 

126      ALLOTMENTS PURCHASE

The Transfer of Deed document was received for sealing by the Parish Council. The Clerk reiterated the main points of the purchase; the water supply will need to be formalised, Wide Horizons lease on part of the land is for 10 years, there appears not to be any pipes or cables running under the ground belonging to a third party, the Council’s insurers will need to be notified on completion of the purchase as to becoming the freeholder.

 

Cllr Stewart proposed that the Transfer of Deed documents be signed, seconded by Cllr Rushbrook.

RESOLVED that the Transfer of Deed be signed on behalf of the Parish Council in order to purchase the Land as outlined in the document.

 

127         PLANNING

The following Planning Applications were considered:

SE/16/03421/CAN

BT Telephone Box North of Horton Kirby Fire Station

Horton Road

South Darenth

DA4 9AX

 

Removal of BT Public Payphone

NO OBJECTION

Consider option to adopt a traditional red ‘heritage’ phone box (not applicable as not a red phone box))

 

SE/16/03423/CAN

BT Telephone Box East of 4 Saxon Place

Horton Kirby

DA4 9JG

 

Removal of BT Public Payphone

NO OBJECTION

Consider option to adopt a traditional red ‘heritage’ phone box (not applicable as not a red phone box)

 

Cllr Rushbrook explained that the phone box would be the responsibility of the Parish Council, would have power supplied by BT for some time but no guarantee as for how long and the pay phones would be removed altogether.

Members agreed not to request that the phone boxes stay or offer to adopt them.

 

SE/16/03380/HOUSE

51 Forge Lane

Horton Kirby

DA4 9DR

 

Demolition of existing single storey garage and garden wall, erection of an extension to side and removal of existing roof and increase of roof height to incorporate a new first floor for the provision of 3 No additional bedrooms en suite and family bathroom and dormers to front and rear. Widening of existing vehicular access and drop kerb. Provision of 1m high timber fence to side of property.

NO OBJECTION

 

128         NEWSLETTER/WEBSITE/SOCIAL MEDIA

No items were raised for communication.

 

129         DATE OF NEXT MEETING

4th January 2017 (Wednesday due to Bank Holiday and hall availability)

 

130         CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS

Assistant Clerk applications:

The Chairman did not feel the public needed to be excluded. He reported that applications were still being sought and a new advert will be placed in January.

 

The meeting closed at 8.40pm

 

 

Chairman:

 

Date: