Parish Council Meeting Minutes 04/01/17

*****DRAFT*****

 

HORTON KIRBY AND SOUTH DARENTH PARISH COUNCIL

 

MINUTES of the MEETING of the PARISH COUNCIL held on

4th January 2017 in the Village Hall, South Darenth at 7.30 pm

 

Present: Cllr Blackamore (Chairman)

Cllrs C Willson (Vice Chair) R House, D Mitchell, T Moyle, C Page,

P Rushbrook, M Stead, J Stewart.

 

Members of the public: Malcolm Dunn (DRiPS) D Carter

and 3 other members of the public. Dawn McFall prospective Assistant Parish Clerk.

 

In attendance: H Rohard, Parish Clerk

 

131         APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Received from Cllr P McGarvey, District Councillor Cllr R Gough, County Councillor

and Cllr Ingrid Tennessee, District Councillor.

 

132         DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Blackamore declared a pecuniary interest in item Financial Matters –reserves expenditure for Heathside play equipment.

 

133         MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

The minutes from the Parish Council meeting 5th December 2016 were confirmed and signed as a true record.

 

134         MATTERS ARISING

Youth Club meeting: a meeting is arranged for 10th January – update will be given at next Parish Council meeting

Reed Cutting in River Darent: The Clerk reported that the Environment Agency have reed cutting scheduled for December for this Parish. Not completed to date.

Buildings Maintenance list: this item is ongoing.

Speedwatch training: the clerk will liaise with interested residents and assist with booking the training.

 

All other actions points had been completed.

 

135         POLICE MATTERS

PCSO Douse reported that there had been overwhelming support for the family whose son died at the Sutton at Hone Fishing lakes in December. The Christmas Carol Service on Papermill Green collected donations.

 

Police had called on houses in the area that had been left vulnerable to burglary to raise awareness that homeowners could take preventative measures such as leaving lights on and closing windows.

 

Number plate theft had increased and residents are encouraged to report it to 101 to avoid scam speeding fines.

 

Horses have been seized locally with the RSPCA involved; no further details given.

Local stables had suffered a theft. Residents bike stores had been broken into and the PCSO is liaising with the site management to tackle this.

 

Advice had been given to the Co-op on how to reduce shoplifting incidents.

 

136         QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC and CORRESPONDENCE

Mr Fournel raised concerns about a vehicular entrance being created onto the A225 from Franks Lane; this had already received Planning permission from SDC.

 

Correspondence received:

Cllr Page, on behalf of the Royal British Legion, to thank the Parish Council for their help with organising the Act of Remembrance at The Village Hall 11th November.

 

Email from SDC Building Control ref the Chimney advising that they were keeping a close eye on the necessary work.

 

MP Michael Fallon acknowledgement of Parish Council’s concerns over Referendum Principles being applied to Town & Parish Council’s when raising Precept over 2%

 

Invitation from Lord Lieutenant of Kent to attend the annual Civic Service at Rochester Cathedral 14th March. Cllr House and Page will be attending.

 

137         FLYTIPPING

Jack Wheeler, Environmental Enforcement Officer for SDC had been invited to attend but was absent.

 

138         RECREATION AND OPEN SPACES COMMITEE

The latest approved Minutes of the committee were received for information.

 

139      DARENT VALLEY CONSORTIUM MEETING

Notes from the last meeting 16th November 2016 hosted by Farningham were received with many of the points raised are already being progressed by HKSD Parish Council.

 

Cllr House explained the website idea for the Darent Valley as some future expenditure may be needed if HKSDPC wanted to participate, however there is the possible negative impact to consider that generating more visitors creates more traffic to our villages.

Cllr Moyle reiterated the same concerns had been raised at the initial partnership meetings in 2015.

 

The importance of putting forward Parish ideas for the DVLP Funding was raised however a list has already been put forward which could be extended; the Clerk will circulate the current list to Councillors so that new ideas could be added. Cllr Rushbrook suggested re surfacing of the path through Westminster Field as this is a well used route to Farningham Rd station from Horton Kirby.

ACTION: Clerk

 

Shoreham will be hosting the next Consortium meeting 22nd March and Cllr Stewart offered to attend.

 

 

 

140         TRAINING/LEARNING and DEVELOPMEMT POLICY

A draft policy was received from Kent Association of Local Councils. No amendments were suggested. Cllr House proposed that the Policy be adopted; Cllr Stewart seconded; vote was unanimous in favour. RESOLVED that the Training/Learning and Development Policy be adopted.

 

141         PRECEPT REQUEST
Following budget setting in December the Precept request for 2017/18 remained at £98736. For a Band D property 2017/18 would be £76.40 (2016/17 £77.31 and 2015/16 £77.12)

Cllr Blackamore proposed the request of £98736 be made Cllr Moyle seconded; vote was unanimous in favour. RESOLVED that the Precept be £98736 for 2017/18

 

142         FINANCIAL MATTERS

Schedule Of Accounts

RESOLVED that the schedule of accounts, as submitted, be approved and payments made accordingly.

 

Reserves expenditure: Cllr Stewart, Chair of Recreation and Open Spaces Committee explained that the Heathside Trim Trail equipment had several items damaged, rotten or missing. Maintenance budget for play equipment had been used for the year. The Guarantee is now expired and the manufacturers had been to look at what needed to be replaced and quoted accordingly: £525.60 +VAT remedial work to bring all items back into use or £1893.80 to renew some items that would soon need replacing.

The Committee were concerned the life expectancy at 3 years for the equipment would not be prolonged by having the work done and was mindful of the possible larger scale plans for Heathside play area overtaking the need for the trim trail to be fixed. A 3rd option to remove rotten items and make safe existing posts would cost £192 + VAT.

 

Cllr Rushbrook proposed that the 3rd option be taken; Cllr Willson seconded; 7 votes were in favour. RESOLVED that £192 +VAT be spent from reserves to remove and/or make safe any items from the Trim Trail that were necessary.

 

 

143         NEWSLETTER/WEBSITE/SOCIAL MEDIA

Items for the next Parish Council newsletter need to be submitted by 27th January 2017.

Cllr Mitchell commended Ben Dawes from South Darenth Village Church for solely organising the Carols on the Green and wondered if he would like the Parish Council to lend support to this year’s event. ACTION: clerk or Cllr Moyle to contact Ben.

 

144         DATE OF NEXT MEETING

Monday 6th February 2017

 

The Public were requested by the Chairman to leave.

 

145         CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS

Heather Rohard and Dawn McFall left the meeting.

 

Staff pay scales were discussed for 2017/18.

These increases were proposed by Cllr Blackamore; seconded by Cllr Willson and voted in favour unanimously.

 

 

The meeting closed at 8.45pm

Chairman:

 

Date: