Parish Council Meeting Minutes 03/07/17

*****DRAFT*****

HORTON KIRBY AND SOUTH DARENTH PARISH COUNCIL

 

MINUTES of the MEETING of the PARISH COUNCIL held on

3rd July 2017 in the Village Hall, South Darenth at 7.30 pm

 

Present: Cllr I Blackamore

R House, T Moyle, C Page, P Rushbrook, M Stead, J Stewart,

C Willson

Cllr P McGarvey, District Councillor

Cllr R Gough, County Councillor

 

Members of the public: Malcolm Dunn DRiPS, 8 members of public

 

In attendance: H Rohard, Parish Clerk

D McFall, Assistant Parish Clerk

 

42          APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Received from Cllr D Mitchell.

43        DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

None.

44         MINUTES OF LAST MEETING

The Minutes of the last meetings held 5th and 26th June 2017 were signed as a true record.

 

45          MATTERS ARISING

Arriva buses: letter to Arriva outstanding

 

All other action points had been completed.

 

46          POLICE MATTERS

The new PCSO Amy Hardy introduced herself and reported that she had been doing speed checks and visited the school to check on parking. No other issues to report. She asked if there were any concerns from the public or Councillors; none reported at this time.

 

47          QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC & CORRESPONDENCE

There were no questions from the public.

 

Malcolm Dunn reported that the chevron signs had been replaced at Franks Lane. River levels had risen from recent rainfall.

 

Cllr Stead commented on speed of traffic by scouts hut.

Cllr Moyle commented on horse and traps being driven very slowly.

 

Correspondence received:

Letter received from The Archbishop’s Palace Conservation Trust CIO seeking support for their aims to safeguard the ‘Palace’ and to act in future negotiations with SDC, who currently care for the local monument. Members expressed their support and requested that a letter be sent from HKSDPC to the Trust Chairman, Rod Shelton.

 

Thanks had been received by email from the Short Mat Bowls Club for a recent grant made from the Parish Council.

 

48          PLANNING

SE/17/01586/HOUSE

The Retreat Rabits Road, South Darenth

Proposed double storey side extension. Garage conversion to gym/utility and linked with main dwelling. Alterations to fenestration.

 

NO OBJECTION

 

SE/17/01833/FUL

1 The Stables, Court Lodge Farm, Horton Road, Horton Kirby

Demolition of existing agricultural buildings and structures and erection of 2no. cattle sheds, hay barn, agricultural store and effluent tank along with the formation of an attenuation pond and silage clamp.

 

OBJECTION: Concerns include:

Attenuation pond hold 448m3 if full via rainfall, requirements 657m3 per month – can the local water supply cope with supplying the shortfall?

LED lighting whilst down facing will still constitute light pollution in a currently dark area.

360 cattle and effluent tank will result in smell, especially close to neighbouring Horton Kirby village

 

SE/17/01858/LBCALT

Horton Kirby Paper Mills Ltd, Horton Road, South Darenth

Structural repair to brickwork façade of the chimney

 

NO OBJECTION

 

SE/17/01772/FUL

Horton Kirby Fire Station, Horton Road, South Darenth

Change of use of Horton Kirby Fire Station into a children’s day nursery. Removal of the old temporary outbuilding and erection of a wood cabin

 

OBJECTION: Insufficient parking for staff and visitors to site which would impact on parking, traffic flow and safety during drop off and collection times.

Although a positive use for the site further thought should be given to this issue.

 

49          RECREATION & OPEN SPACES COMMITTEE

The latest approved Minutes of the committee were received for information

 

50          REPORTS FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLORS

Cllr McGarvey queried 2 planning comments submitted by the Parish Council. The Grange, Horton Kirby is not in the Greenbelt. The Green House, Horton Kirby neighbours have raised objections directly with SDC.

 

A Syrian Refugee family has successfully moved into Eynsford following a call on local Councils to find suitable accommodation.

 

51           REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

Cllr Gough reported that the chevron signs had been replaced at Franks Lane and pot holes in Franks Lane and under the Viaduct, Horton Road would be filled and the road patched significantly. Franks Lane is scheduled for July.

 

Millen Court request for bollards in The Street, HK: Highways Area manager will be spray painting positions for these and the Clerk was asked to check them and confirm if correct.

 

Rays Hill parking issues reported by a resident resulting from popularity of the Fighting Cocks. Double Yellow Lines could be installed if the Parish Council feels this is necessary. Cllr McGarvey reported that parking generally in the Darent Valley on Sundays is an issue and unlikely to improve with more popularity.

 

Glebe Place Salt bin has been moved to its final resting place to satisfaction of local residents.

 

School Lane, Environmental Centre coaches causing damage to a residents vehicle crossover to property has been addressed by coaches dropping children at bottom of School Lane and walking up to the school.

 

52          FINANCIAL MATTERS

Schedule Of Accounts

The schedule of accounts and payments approved for cheques to be signed.

 

53          FOOTBALL PITCHES & PAVILION LEASE

The renewal of the lease to South Darenth Football Club was considered. Cllr House proposed that it be renewed Annually for the next 2 years. Seconded by Cllr Stead. Voted unanimously in favour. ACTION: Clerk to liaise with SDFC.

 

54          BUILDINGS MAINTENANCE

3 quotes had been received but were incomplete; members felt unable to make a proper comparison. No decision could be made and will be on the September Agenda.

 

55          INFLATIBLES DAY

Discussion for this upcoming Community event clarified that:

  • the Scouts will be attending with BBQ
  • Cllr Moyle will put up fliers to advertise and email a copy to the school for parent mail
  • Cllr Stewart will help with ensuring parking restrictions are in place
  • Clerk will contact Ice cream vendor to ask if attending and give keys to Cllr Mitchell. Risk Assessment complete and First Aiders are booked.
  • Cllr Page will check with Jolly Millers Pub if attending

 

56          WEB DESIGN

The current web design is unsatisfactory and other options are to be sought. Cllr Stead and House volunteered to help look at alternatives and make recommendations for the September meeting.

 

57          WEBSITE/SOCIAL MEDIA/NEWSLETTER ITEMS

The newsletter had been delivered to all volunteers.

 

58          DATE OF NEXT MEETING

4th September 2017. The Parish Council is in recess in August.

 

The Chairman requested that the Public leave at 8.20pm

 

59          CONFIDENTIAL ITEM

Assistant Parish Clerk Dawn McFall explained the need to change to RBS Alpha software; developed and written specifically for Councils, providing all reports needed for meetings and quarterly audit checks.

 

There were 4 different packages however the Financial Management Software is the only one needed immediately with the possibility of Facilities Booking Software being a useful addition in the future.

 

Cllr Stead proposed that the software be purchased at a cost of £636 Cllr Willson seconded. Members voted unanimously in favour.

 

Dawn also raised the issue of slow broadband speed in the office; changing the provider has been looked at by the halls committee but can be reconsidered at September meeting in conjunction with Web hosting options.

 

The meeting ended at 9pm

 

 

Chairman:

 

 

Date: